[vc_row][vc_column][os_faq question=”What payment methods do you accept?”]You can pay by cash, an Interact e-Transfer to ian@iheft.ca, or credit card/visa debit using our online booking system.

I do not direct-bill to insurance companies but you may be eligible for reimbursement. See “Insurance Information” page for more details.[/os_faq][os_faq question=”Can you diagnose mental health disorders?”]As a psychotherapist, I am unable to make any diagnosis. You would need to speak with a psychologist or psychiatrist to get a diagnosis. If you have an existing condition we can discuss that and work on a treatment.[/os_faq][os_faq question=”What kind of therapy modalities do you use?”]I have a strong basis in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) which is the gold standard for treating many mental health disorders including depression and anxiety. I have some experience working with addictions and using Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) techniques. As someone with a background in English Literature and the humanities I strongly resonate with Existential psychotherapist or Logotherapy (i.e. Viktor Frankl) and Narrative Therapy.[/os_faq][os_faq question=”What is your hourly rate?”]Currently I charge $100/hour for an online session and $120 for an in-person session.

There are options for a sliding scale if you need to adjust the rate so that affordability is not a barrier to access.[/os_faq][os_faq question=”Where are you located?”]Sessions can be held online using our secure platform tied to our booking site, or at an office situated at the Lutheran Church of our Saviour in Owen Sound (1049 4th Avenue West, Owen Sound, ON)[/os_faq][os_faq question=”Can I get a prescription for medication?”]As a Registered Psychotherapist I am unable to prescribe. You would need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or speak to your family doctor.[/os_faq][os_faq question=”What is a ‘Qualifying’ Registered Psychotherapist?”]As a Qualifying Registered Psychotherapist I am required to practice under supervision until I meet requirements as to my number of supervision hours and client contact. “Supervision” does not mean someone is directly watching me, rather that I need to seek guidance and have a space to ask questions about my cases. This is a best practice at any rate, and even if I was in practice for many years I would still seek guidance as needed.

One way to think of it is as similar to a graduated driver’s licensing system: I completed my G1 in placement, am currently completing my G2, and after I will have achieved my “full G” license and I will no longer be Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) but simply Registered Psychotherapist (RP).[/os_faq][os_faq question=”Which areas do you specialize in?”]I specialize in treating many day-to-day concerns that client present with including:

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Addictions
  • Grief
  • Anger
  • Guilt and Shame

Additionally, I can assist with trauma.

I do not have experience treating eating disorders, nor can I perform EMDR or work with complex trauma/dissociation.[/os_faq][os_faq question=”What regulatory body are you licensed under?”]I am a Registered Qualifying Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario[/os_faq][/vc_column][/vc_row]